Here is your guide to creating your private label product line with RGS
We put together our Private Label program to help our partners be able to sell their own branded product line without the time and expense of lab fees, high MOQ's and development. We did all of that for you! Our sunless products are formulated by a spray tan professional so you can be assured it's a high quality and professional. We created this program for you to quickly get your product to market. Just design a label with your personal style and brand, set your own prices, start selling.
LET'S GET STARTED!
What is the RGS private label program?
If you LOVE our sunless products, but you have always wanted to have YOUR OWN line of sunless tanning products.
Then the RGS private label program is perfect for you!
Private labeling allows you to purchase our professional sunless tanning products and relabel them with YOUR personal brand.
It's easy to get started, we have done all the hard work for you!
1. Set up your account with Rose Gold Sunless and we will send you our welcome packet that details our tiered pricing. When you are ready give us the green light and we will send over the invoice for your template fee.
2. Once the $250 template fee is paid we will send over the label templates and layouts so that you can get with your graphics team and design your custom label.
3. Order your labels from the printer (yes, we tell you who we work with) and your sunless products from RGS and we will ship your bottles out to you.
4. Once everything arrives to your location just apply your custom branded labels and sell your products!
Label templates & layout will be emailed to you after we receive your $250 template fee. Look for the .PDF files in your email.
Getting a label design that you love means working with a graphic designer that you love! You can work with whomever you choose as long as the artwork follows the template sizing and the FDA required informations and ingredient list that we provide you.
Please be aware that the following are FDA regulated components to your label design that are REQUIRED to be included on all cosmetic products that are marketed in the United States.
FDA COSMETIC LABELING REQUIREMENTS
- INGREDIENTS must be listed in descending order of predominance. You cannot change, add or omit ingredients.
RGS Ingredients: Purified Water, DHA, Ethoxydiglycol, Glycerin, Caramel, Cocamidopropyl, Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Capryly/Capryl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyglycerin, Argan Oil, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Vitamin E, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Fragrance, Cetyl Hydroxyethyl cellulose, D&C Green 5, D&C Red 33, FD&C Red 40, FD&C Yellow 6, FD&C Yellow 5, FD&C Blue 1
- FILL QUANTITY must be listed on the front panel of the label
(207 ml/7 fl oz)
- DIRECTIONS can be copied from RGS or you may write your own verbiage.
RGS Application Directions: Shake bottle. Apply to clean, dry skin blending outward in a circular motion. For a professional finish, apply the self-tanning mousse using a tan blending mitt. Use sparingly on elbows, knees and ankles hands and feet. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after use. Let skin dry completely before dressing. NO wet NO sweat for 8 hours for your tan to fully set in. To maintain desired color, reapply several times a week.
- CAUTION statement must be included on the back panel.
RGS CAUTION STATEMENT: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. This product does not contain sunscreen and does not protect against sunburn. Repeated exposure of unprotected skin while tanning may increase the risk of skin aging, skin cancer and other harmful effects even if you don’t burn. Discontinue use if irritation occurs.
- SHELF LIFE period after opening symbol must be included. RGS self-tanning mousse has a 12-month shelf life.
- BUSINESS CONTACT INFORMATION must be included on the label
“Manufactured for” (business name)
“Distributed by” (business name)
Your full company name, city, state, and website should be clearly listed on the back panel of the label
LABEL DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS
Label size is 6.75 wide by 4.81 High
Allow for 0.3125 inch overlap within your design. The included template shows where this occurs.
Allow for 1/16 bleed and trim along the edges of your design
Front panel logo width is 1.5 inches
LABEL MATERIAL SUGGESTIONS
We strongly suggest using a high quality waterproof material for your labels so that the bottle is able to be rinsed off in case of drips during your customers use. Paper labels are not recommended for cosmetic products. Neither are labels with a water-resistant coating as they can still absorb moisture behind the water-resistant layer discoloring the label underneath.
Weatherproof Polypropylene is the suggested material
This material can be rinsed off in case of drips/does not absorb moisture and the labels can be repositioned when applying to the bottle.
LABEL PRINTER WE RECOMMEND
Shearer Printing & Office Solutions
DAVID LOVEGROVE, AMM
Business Development / Account Manager
When ordering labels be aware that there is a turnaround time for printing and shipping your labels to you so plan ahead on the amount that you think you will need. Also, the more labels you order at a time the more cost effective it is. We organized the tiers of our mousse to coordinate with the amount the labels are able to be ordered in giving you a few extra in case of mess-ups during application.
- 250 labels (240 bottles of mousse)
- 500 labels (480 bottles of mousse)
- Our lowest tier of mousse at 96 bottles is suggested for restocks.
This is the label applicator that we use and recommend. It does a great job keeping everything straight and lined up.
Find this on Amazon
We hope this information has been helpful to you as you get ready to launch your private label self-tanning mousse. If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com